Calculated Percent Change
How to Calculate Percent Change
Here's how to calculate percent change:
- Find the difference between the new value and the original value.
- Divide the difference by the absolute value of the original value.
- Multiply the result of step two by 100.
Percent Change Formula
The formula for calculating percent change is:
Percent Change = ( New Value - Original Value ) / |Original Value| * 100
Percent Change vs Percent Increase and Percent Decrease
- 4 to 5 is a 25% change.
- 4 to 5 is a 25% increase.
- 4 to 5 is a -25% decrease.
- 5 to 4 is a -20% change.
- 5 to 4 is a -20% increase.
- 5 to 4 is a 20% decrease.